If you’ve embarked on an effort to locate the best dentists in south Florida, there are several important things to consider, especially if you hope to build a relationship with the professional who help keep your teeth in good shape for many years to come.
Taking your time to arm yourself with knowledge will go a long way in ensuring you find the best dentist for you.
Read up on the latest dental technologies
Before you begin your search for dentists in south Florida, take some time to do a little research online and find out about the latest advancements and newest technologies in dentistry. When you call the office to inquire about their methods, you’ll have an idea as to how competent and caring they are. Does the dentist have the ability to perform procedures without pain? These days, it’s not as hard as you might think to find a dentist who is up on the latest technologies offering nearly pain-free dental care.
Check for complaints
While screening a list of dentists in south Florida, be sure to check with the state licensing board. Confirm that the dentist is licensed and determine whether or not there are any actionable complaints against that dentist. An actionable complaint means that the complaint was actually investigated and found to be legitimate, resulting in action taken against the dentist.
Call the office
The next step in the process should be calling each office to ask questions. Some may include:
- Determining the type of methods used for various procedures
- If there is a particular procedure that you need to have done, is the dentist experienced?
- What are the fees for standard procedures like x-rays and cleanings?
- What type of insurance is accepted? Is the office willing to bill your insurance or do you need to pay upfront and be reimbursed by your insurance company later?
- Are they open to flexible payment plans?
- Does the dentist have a website? Does the site appear professional and show concern for their patients?
Meet the dentist
Finally, once you have narrowed down your list to the dentists in south Florida you’re interested in building a relationship with, schedule a meeting and find out how comfortable you are in person with the office, the staff and the dentist.
Is the office clean and neat? Is the staff friendly? If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, this is the time to look at before and after pictures. If the dentist is able to come out on top after you’ve done this extensive research, the odds are you’ll have found someone who can take care of your teeth for life.