Thanksgiving and the holiday season is just around the corner. It’s a wonderful time to catch up with family members, think about all you have to be grateful for and, of course, enjoy an incredible feast. But when you’re with your family and friends, gathered around the table to enjoy that feast, it also means lots of photos to record those memories. It should mean a time to smile and laugh, but if you’re worried about having yellow, discolored teeth, you might end up spending that time trying not to smile or ducking out of those shots as often as you can, making for a not-so-fun experience.
While we’re all prone to having yellow, discolored teeth, there is something we can do about it, which is why you want to be sure to make your teeth a priority on that to-do list before the holidays arrive.
First off, make sure you’re doing everything you can to prevent discolored teeth and keep them pearly white:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day using toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Changing your toothbrush every two to three months – after time, the bristles start to fray and won’t clean your teeth and gums properly.
- Floss at least once daily.
- Use a mouth rinse to help eliminate plaque bacteria.
- Avoid frequent exposure to sugary and/or acidic drinks like soda, including diet soda.
- Visit your Stuart dentistry twice per year for regular cleanings and exams – if it’s been more than six months since you’ve visited, call now to get them bright and white again before Thanksgiving.
A visit to Stuart Dental Spa will help ensure those teeth stay as sparkling white and clean as they can be, but if all else fails, you can take advantage of our Stuart dentistry whitening services to take things up a notch. You might be surprised to find that a bright, white grin is fairly easy to achieve if your teeth are stained or discolored by food and age.
In fact, Stuart Dental Spa offers a number of different options to choose from, like the Sapphire Chairside Whitening System, clinically proven to whiten teeth up to 12 shades in just an hour, as well as safe and effective bleaching using custom-fitted trays at home.